Punjab Da Puttar

Continuing my serial encounters with regional heavyweights.

I met a hatta-katta Punjabi the other day. I asked him where he was going.
“Kanaada,” was the reply.
“Why do you guys like Canada so much?” was my innocent question.
“Bekaas Trronto is a great place, yaar” he said.

“But why?” I persisted.
“It’s a ‘player’ to stay there. Good climate, nice people, clean surroundings. Not like Delhi.”
“But if everyone goes to Canada, won’t it become like Delhi?” I was inquisitive, and persistent.
“Oye, main parathe wali dukaan thode hi kholoonga udhar (do you think I’ll open a paratha shop there?)”
“Nahin, nahin, paaji, my matlab was not like that,” I apologized. “I just wanted to know ki why you all don’t want to live in our country.”

“Simpal, yaar. We are still thinking like the British. Commonwealth country with only a few wealthy people. We have mobiles, but nothing to eat. Aston Martin is used to reduce the population, only. Election=inflation is a mathematical reality. We are losing our ‘chracter’ and the aam aadmi (common man) can’t afford an aam (mango).”
I said, “Paaji, you are right. But we have some national treasures like the three Khans, The Big Boss among them, and Kapil Sharma. How can you compare Canada with us?”

He said, “Trronto chal tujhe dikhaata hoon”  (Come to Toronto, I’ll show you). On that note, we parted amicably.

4 comments:

Meghna said...

Hahaha! This is too much ji!

Rajendra said...

Thank you ji, bada changa lagriya comment padhke.

Meghna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meghna said...

Mainu te post changa lagrya si :P

Some Meetings are Just Too Good

 Ok, one such meetup happened yesterday, with old friends, Prachi Jain and Pratishtha Batra, of IIM Indore fame. There was a new member too ...

These Were Liked a Lot