40,000 and Going

Did not think it (this blog)

would sustain this long and be actually read by people. Even now, some of it is the virtual type, I know. But still, happy to have crossed the 40,000 viewers mark. For the blog, I mean. Thanks to you, the readers, might make it to the golden mark. Movies no longer do.

The ones I remember that did (movies, I mean, that ran 50 weeks) were Aradhana, Jeevan Mrityu (Dharmendra, Raakhee), Sholay, and DDLJ (if you don't know what that is, well, you missed one of Kajol and SRK's evergreen romances.

The pics are from Wats (temples) in Thailand. Reclining Buddha and a solid gold one in the other. Don't know why the reclusive, Nirvana-seeker had to be made from Gold. But anyway..

3 comments:

Harimohan said...

Congratulations Raja. One anopheles episode to celebrate this landmark would be apt.

Diamond Head said...

Wats with the reclining and sleeping - when I visited I thought he wanted me to do the same - did not see any beds- Further counfounding a mortal like me - idea that a bodhi (awakened) was trying to catch a perpetual shuteye?

Rajendra said...

Thanks, Hari, as soon as the next scam hits the roof, I expect her to be back..won't be long..coalgate will be followed by other gates.

DH, the message is loud and clear. Nirvana is linked to sleeping, or at least reclining/relaxing. Charminar brought you closest to Nirvana, when it said, "Relax..Have a Charminar."

Conquering Gwalior

 Forts are meant to be conquered, and this one changed hands many times, from Qutbuddin Aibak to the Mughals, British and Marathas. Gwalior,...

These Were Liked a Lot