Preposterous Stuff


I am recycling an old one, for the sheer joy of looking at the comments. Enjoy!


Pre and Post

I thought I would prepone this post. But that is wrong. I mean, the English, according to the Queen. The one floating on a barge with a disreputable sardar. So I postponed the post. That sounds right, somehow, so here it is.

There was a post-monsoon shower yesterday. How do I know that it was post-monsoon? Because experts said that the one last week was pre-monsoon. How do they know? I don't know, but experts being experts, they are always right- like the boss, or the wife. Facts of life, like the birds and bees. And taxes, whose 'dead'line is fast approaching. I have another silly doubt about tax returns. Even if you are not getting any money back, are you still filing a 'return' ? Your Majesty, your views on this, if you be pleased.

Anyway, back to the pre and post business. Can you just 'pre' something like you post something? I will leave you to think about this, post-pulling your hair out.
Diamond Head said...
All I can think of is this blog is wonderfully 'PrePosterous'
smita said...
POSTmortem is one POST which cannot be PREponed!
Diamond Head said...
hmm.. could expecting a Post Prandial burp be Pre Sumptuous
Rajendra said...
Post-such encouraging responses, I shall prepone my next few and get them out post-haste.

No comments:

Conquering Gwalior

 Forts are meant to be conquered, and this one changed hands many times, from Qutbuddin Aibak to the Mughals, British and Marathas. Gwalior,...

These Were Liked a Lot