Weird Messages Dot Com

The old junk (snail) mail has got a sexier alternative delivered straight to your inbox or as a pop-up...half-baked or well done, not as per orders though. This is called a weird message. One that I recurrently get on my screen is 'TrueSuite has crashed'. Now I am not even aware what TrueSuite is. Is it a suit I used to wear? Not likely, because I don't wear suits...like a true blue desi. Also if I wore one, it may or may not be a True Suite as in an 'honest shirt' yaane ki Peter England!

Of course, apart from the usual entertaining solicits that urge you to enlarge certain body parts, I get head-hunting calls from complete strangers asking me to apply for programming jobs in TCS or wherever. Now, I call that idiotic programming..but then, who said there were only 3 idiots in the world?

Other interesting things I get are matrimonial ads in my mailbox, enticing me to look at Bharatmatrimony.com or some such. Sometimes I do, and find amusing stuff on the sites. On a related note, I asked one of our alumni who works for an international cosmetic company, whether they sell fairness creams..and turned out it is big business in India for all of them. Expected, when you see some of those ads..virtue is somehow equated with the colour of your skin, and therefore the whites have nothing to fear..we'll still treat them royally no matter what.


3 comments:

Meghna said...

Hahaha! Your 'email id' must have won a gazillion GBP/USD from Coca Cola or Microsoft too.

Madhur said...

Lol! Out of the blue, I get calls from unknown nos asking for Cab booking or auto meters!

As for mails are concerned, Now, I believe that registering on job portals was a big mistake.
Most of the spams which I receive contains the subject Job opening in some multinational but the body says "Do you want to buy XYZ drugs?"

Rajendra said...

Meghna, yes, meet the billionaire many times over, at your service.

Madhur, all drug dealing IS multinational, I suppose they are right!

Conquering Gwalior

 Forts are meant to be conquered, and this one changed hands many times, from Qutbuddin Aibak to the Mughals, British and Marathas. Gwalior,...

These Were Liked a Lot