Bucket List 2012- Part One

Every year now, after entering 'wan' prastha (the modern equivalent of the ancient Indian word) when one tends to become wan, and gets an attack of the blues, it's good to make a bucket list to keep your hopes alive.

What can the bucket contain? Basic stuff like the Thums Up ad once summarised beautifully- Food, friends and Thums Up. I am not a fan of the fizzy, however, so I might substitute non-fizzy things for THAT.

Spending quality time with friends comes out tops, along with family. Reading good books comes second. I read some good ones, but after the move from Nagpur, the average number of books read has come down somewhat.

Third, maybe watching some good films- TV shows generally don't qualify for the adjective, so they are left out. And, visit some nice places where the travel time is no more than 3-4 hours if I am flying, and overnight if I am on a train/bus.

Fourth, writing- I find blogging extremely therapeutic and fun, so will indulge. You, dear readers are at the receiving end, and can always put "stop reading this idiotic blog" on YOUR bucket list.

Fifth, doing anything useful in life. Not sure what that might be. I like to believe that one can do useful things, but what they are has so far eluded me. Maybe I'll modify that to 'think about doing useful things in life.' I will think of the remaining five later, as I have done my 200 words for the day, and am running out of ideas!

Maybe avoiding branded products will come sixth, but let me think a little more about that.

2 comments:

Diamond Head said...

Useful could be interpreted as fully use - make sure you squeeze out the entire paste from the tube (of whatever comes in it)

Harimohan said...

Wonder why they are called bucket lists? But cannot do better than the 'Food, friends and Thums Up'. I wonder who wrote that line. And why they do not profile people who write these wonderful lines. Hey, blog idea. 10 best ad lines you remember. Or even 10 ads that you cannot forget.

XLRI Doctoral Colloquium 2024

 Pics from a well-organised event.  With TAS Vijayaraghavan, my classmate and XLRI prof., and Dr. Prashant, host. My talk on Building Academ...

These Were Liked a Lot