Borrowed Humour- Golf


These greens are so fast I have to hold my putter over the ball and hit it
    with the shadow. ~ Sam Snead
 
    I was three over. One over a house, one over a patio, and one over a
    swimming pool. ~ George Brett
 
    Actually, the only time I ever took out a one-iron was to kill a
    tarantula. And I took a 7 to do that. ~ Jim Murray
 
    The only sure rule in golf is – he who has the fastest cart never has to
    play the bad lie. ~ Mickey Mantle
 
    Sex and golf are the two things you can enjoy even if you’re not good at
    them. ~ Kevin Costner
 
    I don’t fear death, but I sure don’t like those three-footers for par.. ~
    Chi Chi Rodriguez
 
    After all these years, it’s still embarrassing for me to play on the
    American golf tour. Like the time I asked my caddie for a sand wedge and
    he came back ten minutes later with a ham on rye. ~ Chi Chi Rodriguez
 
    The ball retriever is not long enough to get my putter out of the tree. ~
    Brian Weis
 
    Swing hard in case you hit it. ~ Dan Marino
 
    My favorite shots are the practice swing and the conceded putt. The rest
    can never be mastered. ~ Lord Robertson
 
    Give me golf clubs, fresh air and a beautiful partner, and you can keep
    the clubs and the fresh air. ~ Jack Benny
 
    There is no similarity between golf and putting; they are two different
    games, one played in the air, and the other on the ground. ~ Ben Hogan
 
    Professional golf is the only sport where, if you win 20% of the time, you’re
    the best. ~ Jack Nicklaus
 
    The uglier a man’s legs are, the better he plays golf. It’s almost a law.
    ~ H G Wells
 
    I never pray on a golf course. Actually, the Lord answers my prayers
    everywhere except on the course. ~ Billy Graham
 
    If you watch a game, it’s fun. If you play at it, it’s recreation. If you
    work at it, it’s golf.. ~ Bob Hope
 
    While playing golf today I hit two good balls. I stepped on a rake. ~
    Henny Youngman
 
    If you think it’s hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf
    ball. ~ Jack Lemmon
 
    You can make a lot of money in this game. Just ask my ex-wives. Both of
    them are so rich that neither of their husbands work. ~ Lee Trevino
 
    I’m not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they’d come
    up sliced. ~ Lee Trevino
When you can't create, borrow. Lots of brains exist around the world. It would have taken
years to think of all these jokes by oneself!




3 comments:

Meghna said...

Nice compilation. You must have enjoyed the Golf series by Wodehouse.

Rajendra said...

yes, they (Golf stories by PGW) are terrific!

Diamond Head said...

Wonder if Kevin Costner is talking about the hole truth

XLRI Doctoral Colloquium 2024

 Pics from a well-organised event.  With TAS Vijayaraghavan, my classmate and XLRI prof., and Dr. Prashant, host. My talk on Building Academ...

These Were Liked a Lot