Anniversaries

Like my marriage anniversary, I almost forgot my second anniversary of joining IMT Nagpur, which happened on 12th. I instantly celebrated by eating an orange- absolutely delicious! I was very new both to the city (had visited briefly once or twice though), and the institute. What I found here was a pleasant surprise-on both counts. Don't tell anyone, but Nagpur is a heaven in terms of traffic, living conditions, friendly people (though they break traffic rules-but don't they all?), and peaceful life. Even the Vidarbha protests are peaceful. Can you beat that?

I am afraid I shall have withdrawal symptoms if I ever leave this place at some future date. Like our students have, when they leave IMT and go out into the big, bad world. I meet countless alumni who fondly remember their days at Nagpur, and are still in love with IMT years after they moved out. There is magic in the air, and I am sure the people are a large part of it. From profs to staff, the people seem at peace (despite the occasional cribbing), and enjoying life and work- the classic work-life balance.

I am proud of having added a one-hole golf course to the campus, and we occasionally indulge ourselves. The management development centre has seen eager participants from diverse organisations enjoy their learning experience at IMT. Industry visitors are also enamoured by the atmosphere and the greenery when they visit. Student enthusiasm is infectious, and pervades all activities, late into the night. Idyllic?

4 comments:

Harimohan said...

Congrats Raja. The second year hiccup is up - and you are still in love with the place. All the makings of a long romance. The orange was an appropriate celebration.
On another note I am a bit disappointed with our record of having come to Nagpur only once in two years - should rectify it soon. Meanwhile enjoy the place, the campus and the people.

ಭಾಶೇ said...

Wow! Congratulations :).

One day... when I take up teaching and become one... one day... I shall also enjoy such anniversaries.

Rajendra said...

Best of luck. Do it soon, Sowmya.

Hari, yes, you can start your fourth book here.

Vinod Ekbote said...

Raja, I can vouch for the traffic free roads.

Some Meetings are Just Too Good

 Ok, one such meetup happened yesterday, with old friends, Prachi Jain and Pratishtha Batra, of IIM Indore fame. There was a new member too ...

These Were Liked a Lot