Ingrid Bergman

I think Ingrid was the Madhubala of western movies- lovely in black and white! But I came across a book written by her PR agent in Hollywood, and her early years were spent motherless, fatherless, and thinking she was no good- at least socially, and in many other ways. Nobody wanted to date her, and she still survived-and how! She also came across as a very normal, unstarry person after she became famous, which is almost impossible to imagine these days- maybe even those days. At the height of her career in Hollywood she did a long stint on Broadway, because she wanted to play Joan of Arc-it was her dream.

Though I have seen only two movies of hers- Casablanca and one of Ingmar Bergman's, I think..I am a big fan..plan to see some more of her films if I can get hold of them.

2 comments:

Harimohan said...

Let's lay our hands on some when you're in Hyd...I can get Casablanca surely

Rajendra said...

Yes, yes, yes.

Conquering Gwalior

 Forts are meant to be conquered, and this one changed hands many times, from Qutbuddin Aibak to the Mughals, British and Marathas. Gwalior,...

These Were Liked a Lot