Goal oriented Socializing

I am on a round of socializing with friends- my mom's! She is visiting Nagpur, and many of her friends from work days in Andhra Pradesh are settled here. So we made a list of 5 families to visit in a week. Managed to do 2, and will complete the rest before she moves out of Nagpur. It sure makes the heat bearable, meeting someone after 10 or 15 years, and remembering old times. Once one reaches 50, which I will soon, life is a series of many Rewinds interspersed with Forwards (not fast forwards) and of course, the Play button being on continuously at all other times.

The above families of course have offspring, and some were my friends too, so I am getting back in touch with a few in this process. One of my daughters is here too, and it's a great feeling to have one. I have two, so it's a Double dose. No idea if a mom feels the same way about a son- probably does for a while, at least.

Met a friend's son recently who was struck down by a car in his sheltered Delhi campus, and had to lie down for 6 months- at age 21 or so. What a major pain-but seemed cheerful enough when I spoke to him. He is walking around slowly now.

The mangoes are in season, just after the oranges went out of it. The Banganapalle variety from Andhra is also popular here, and the prices are pretty down to earth. So a few weeks of fun with mangoes.

An alumni meet of IMT Nagpur (where I work) is coming up at Delhi on 8th, with some 100 plus alumni from 5 batches expected. We also have announced a Case Conference at Goa in November, to attract case writers to present their cases.

No comments:

XLRI Doctoral Colloquium 2024

 Pics from a well-organised event.  With TAS Vijayaraghavan, my classmate and XLRI prof., and Dr. Prashant, host. My talk on Building Academ...

These Were Liked a Lot