Hailstorm

There was a fierce and brief hailstorm in Nagpur last evening. I was reminded of one at IIM Lucknow campus a few years ago. A storm reminds you that you are otherwise going steady, and may be lets you appreciate it-stability, I mean. The story of Sindbad the sailor that we heard in childhood reminds us that some of us get restless with predictable lives. Sindbad actually sought out adventure, though he often faced life-threatening situations on his many voyages.

So should we go around looking for storms? I don't think it's necessary, as we are naturally going to face some anyhow. Life is full of ups and downs, and interesting precisely due to the ups and downs. According to some spiritual guys, "swarg" or heaven would be incredibly boring. I agree with them after comparing life in India to that in the US where I lived a few years. Everything in the US works- or used to- while everything here is unpredictable. Of course, the shootings in US colleges are taking some of that competitive edge away from us, I must hasten to add.

I started watching David Letterman's show after a long break. Though he is old, he is still quite funny.

No comments:

Some Meetings are Just Too Good

 Ok, one such meetup happened yesterday, with old friends, Prachi Jain and Pratishtha Batra, of IIM Indore fame. There was a new member too ...

These Were Liked a Lot