It's here!

My autobiography is finally out. Titled My Experiments with Half-truths, it's available from http://pothi.com/pothi/book/
rajendra-nargundkar-my-experiments-half-truths which is an online POD publisher, who makes it easy to publish your own book. I found out about it a month ago, and my book is already for sale online. I recommend it for motivated budding authors who are not looking to become a best-selling author (though you may still end up being one), but mainly write for a small audience of your own friends, or relatives, batchmates etc. No hassles of chasing a publisher, fighting duels with editors, and no mandatory order of 300 or 500 copies! Just format your own stuff, design a cover page, submit it, and voila! You have a book. It's called Print-on-demand or POD, so it's printed and delivered against an order. I really think it's a great concept. I wrote the book for fun, and to consolidate my experiences of student life and life as a prof. Hope there are some people out there who will read it.

An update (Aug 2012): The book is now also available through Flipkart, India's most successful online retailer of books and various other things. So that's two new technologies that have helped me, an unknown author of this type of non-fiction).

1 comment:

[v]aseem said...

The POD concept is revolutionary indeed. Having gone through the 12 page preview of the book, I can say its hilarious. The content is able to capture the interest of the reader. And since I am from a different generation, its always interesting to know the state of things around us about 3-4 decades ago, and how changes have unfolded.
Looking forward to read the book through to the last page.

Conquering Gwalior

 Forts are meant to be conquered, and this one changed hands many times, from Qutbuddin Aibak to the Mughals, British and Marathas. Gwalior,...

These Were Liked a Lot